J2mepolish as a build framework is great! I have been using parts of it since before it was in beta.

J2mepolish provides different licenses depending on how you use the product now while this can be looked on in a bad light but I quite like the fact that it is open-source as well as long as you your self release the code under the same license should you wish to release under a different license there are other payed options available.

The build framework is licensed under GPL no matter how you use it.

I have found that the build proccess can be pretty slow and time consuming I have also found that with out obsfication it by default includes ALL classes in the framework include the GUI/Utils. While you don’t make use of them you aren’t violating the license it does increase the application size. There are a few tweeks that one can make to their own personal setup to improve this.

Firstly tmpfs and mounting your /build and /dist directory into memory (For debugging only I wouldn’t mount a full build) You would have to replace the standard build clean target since the standard user shouldn’t have permissions to delete/create tmpfs

<delete dir=\"dist\" />


<delete includeemptydirs=\"true\">
<fileset dir=\"dist\" includes=\"**/*\" defaultexcludes=\"false\"/>

Secondly the since the build proccess includes all the J2mepolish source files by default you should be able to just set polish.client.source to a empty directory but it contains a reference Locale which also contains references to other files(Which are not 100% needed unless you actually use the Utilities provided by J2mepolish)

So a simple fix is create a folder structure with /path/to/directory/de/enough/polish/util/Local.java and place this Local.java in there.

In the build file or one of the config files set


and you should be all set. I noticed huge build time improvements but I don’t currently make sure of the GUI/Utils.

Hope this helps make you more productive. If you have any other tweaks I would love to hear them.